Jury sides with city in lawsuit over woman's alleged rape by officer while in custody
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A federal jury has sided with the city of Houston in a lawsuit over a woman's alleged rape by an officer while in custody.
Barbara Russell sued the city over an incident in 2010. Russell claimed then-officer James Rodriguez arrested her, then raped her in his squad car before taking her to jail.
Rodriguez pleaded guilty to improper sex acts with a person in custody and received probation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 17 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 4 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first