Woman's words may have saved her life in home invasion rape attempt
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe woman was on the verge of being raped inside her home, but she said a few words to her attacker that caused him to change course.
It happened at the woman's apartment on Gladstell near I-45. Investigators say the woman woke up to find a masked man in her bed. Speaking with a Honduran accent, the man told the woman he would rape her.
"He had a knife in his hand, indicated what his intentions were and instructed her to remove some of her clothing, which she did because she was afraid," said an investigator in the case.
The woman told the man she was on her period. He fondled her and then left.
Anyone with information about this is urged to call Conroe police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 1 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 51 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 28 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 35 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 44 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store