Body found in middle of street on Houston's south side after neighbors hear gunshots
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A couple returning to their home on Houston's south side last night heard gunshots and called police.
Officers discovered the body of a man in the middle of Redbud near Danube Street. Police identified the dead man as Jessie Coleman, 30. He suffered gunshot wounds to the chest and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators spoke to witnesses at the scene. One of them saw a green car fleeing from the location.
Police don't have a motive or suspect at this time.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 9 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 25 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'