Suspect shot and killed during attempted robbery in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a man who tried to rob someone in north Houston was shot and killed.
According to Houston police, the man was one of several people who tried to rob someone at a house on Rebecca Street. The homeowner pulled in to his driveway at about 5:20pm Thursday. As he got out of the vehicle, a gold Lexus SUV pulled into the driveway, blocking the victim's vehicle.
Police say three armed male suspects got out of the back seat of the Lexus and confronted the resident. The suspects then demanded the resident's car keys and personal items.
As the resident handed over those items, the suspects demanded to be led into the resident's house. A friend of the resident, fearing for his friend's safety, then fired shots at the suspect from inside the house. One of the suspects was struck and attempted to flee on foot before he collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene. The two other suspects fled the scene in the gold Lexus SUV, possibly a 470 series vehicle.
The wanted suspects are described only as black males wearing masks, one wearing a purple ball cap and black shirt.
Anyone with information in this incident is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive