Sugar Land Skeeters partner with autism advocates for opening weekend
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- It is opening weekend for the Sugar Land Skeeters, and they are trying to 'Strike out Autism' by partnering with autism advocate group Hope for Three.
Tickets were $12 each and half of ticket sales from Sunday's game will go toward bringing awareness to autism.
The first pitch was thrown out around 1:30pm.
Learn more about autism at the HopeForThree.org website.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
sugar land, local
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar 50 min ago
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- Can you say this tongue twister? 46 min ago
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California 25 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Extremely rare indentical triplets born
25 min ago
- McDonald's customers order food, get sack...
5 min ago