TIRR 'Hotwheels' are tops nationally in wheelchair hoops
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A big congratulations goes out to the TIRR Hotwheels, who returned home Sunday as the top wheelchair basketball squad in the land.
The Hotwheels were in Louisville, Kentucky, from Wednesday of last week until Sunday, competing in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association's national championship. And for the first time in the team's 15-year existence, they laid claim to the No. 1 ranking in the junior division. That's out of 32 teams.
The elite Hotwheels squad has traveled all over the country, competing in tournaments in places like Philadelphia, Dallas, and Minnesota.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 48 min ago
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 47 min ago
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick 24 min ago
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 42 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Spurs fans wearing team spirit on their heads
46 min ago