TIRR 'Hotwheels' are tops nationally in wheelchair hoops
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A big congratulations goes out to the TIRR Hotwheels, who returned home Sunday as the top wheelchair basketball squad in the land.
The Hotwheels were in Louisville, Kentucky, from Wednesday of last week until Sunday, competing in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association's national championship. And for the first time in the team's 15-year existence, they laid claim to the No. 1 ranking in the junior division. That's out of 32 teams.
The elite Hotwheels squad has traveled all over the country, competing in tournaments in places like Philadelphia, Dallas, and Minnesota.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond