TIRR 'Hotwheels' are tops nationally in wheelchair hoops
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A big congratulations goes out to the TIRR Hotwheels, who returned home Sunday as the top wheelchair basketball squad in the land.
The Hotwheels were in Louisville, Kentucky, from Wednesday of last week until Sunday, competing in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association's national championship. And for the first time in the team's 15-year existence, they laid claim to the No. 1 ranking in the junior division. That's out of 32 teams.
The elite Hotwheels squad has traveled all over the country, competing in tournaments in places like Philadelphia, Dallas, and Minnesota.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust 28 min ago
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 47 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course