TIRR 'Hotwheels' are tops nationally in wheelchair hoops
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A big congratulations goes out to the TIRR Hotwheels, who returned home Sunday as the top wheelchair basketball squad in the land.
The Hotwheels were in Louisville, Kentucky, from Wednesday of last week until Sunday, competing in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association's national championship. And for the first time in the team's 15-year existence, they laid claim to the No. 1 ranking in the junior division. That's out of 32 teams.
The elite Hotwheels squad has traveled all over the country, competing in tournaments in places like Philadelphia, Dallas, and Minnesota.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation 6 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Create a bracelet from the recycling bin