Sailor surprises daughters at school in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A U.S. sailor on Tuesday gave his two daughters a big surprise at a school in Galveston.
Holy Family Catholic School held a special event to honor the U.S. armed forces. During the event, little Elliot Clare held up the sign she made for her father, Petty Officer Sean Clare. The sailor surprised his two daughters and wife, whom he hasn't seen in eight months.
"I was tyring not to cry and to grab her before they told me OK she can turn around and see you now," he said. "Still don't really believe it. I've been out there thinkin' about it for the past eight months. It's kinda like a dream right now."
The Clare family is going to spend the next few days driving to California.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 36 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching 44 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
20 min ago