Sailor surprises daughters at school in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A U.S. sailor on Tuesday gave his two daughters a big surprise at a school in Galveston.
Holy Family Catholic School held a special event to honor the U.S. armed forces. During the event, little Elliot Clare held up the sign she made for her father, Petty Officer Sean Clare. The sailor surprised his two daughters and wife, whom he hasn't seen in eight months.
"I was tyring not to cry and to grab her before they told me OK she can turn around and see you now," he said. "Still don't really believe it. I've been out there thinkin' about it for the past eight months. It's kinda like a dream right now."
The Clare family is going to spend the next few days driving to California.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list 28 min ago
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook