Where does Houston rank on new report about the nation's air quality?
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A new report is out about the nation's air quality. The American Lung Association has released its annual State of the Air report.
It looks at 277 metro areas in the U.S. Houston ranks seventh highest on the list when it comes to ozone. But it's 112th when it comes to 24-hour particle pollution.
Dallas-Fort Worth ranks eighth when it comes to ozone. The Beaumont-Port Arthur area ranks 20th.
As far as the most polluted city, that's Los Angeles. The cleanest is Ames, Iowa.
Click here to see the entire list and report.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- One dead, two injured n wreck in NW Houston 1 min ago
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark 55 min ago
- W. Houston restaurant owners on edge after tire-slashing
- Siblings shot in domestic dispute in SW Houston 54 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southeast Houston
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death