Roommates tied up, robbed during alleged Katy-area home invasion
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman says her grandson and his roommate were tied up by robbers during a home invasion in west Houston.
She called 9-1-1 for help late Wednesday evening from the home on South Parkview drive near Barker Cypress.
One victim says they were tied up by zip ties, then robbed at gunpoint by two men posing as workers for Reliant Energy. The victim says the suspects had a clipboard and knocked on the door, saying they were with Reliant.
When the victims cracked the door open, the men rushed in, held them at gunpoint and then tied them up. The suspects ransacked the apartment and stole electronics and cash before they left.
No one was hurt, but the victims are shaken up.
Houston police are investigating the alleged crime.
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, jessica willey
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course