Man found shot in head outside apartment building in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A gruesome discovery at a southwest Houston apartment complex this morning. A man was found shot to death on the grounds of the complex.
It happened in the 9400 block of Woodfair and Landsdale. The man's body was found lying in between two apartment buildings near some bushes.
The call came in just before 6:30 this morning. When officers arrived, they found the man had been shot at least once in the head. Detectives say no one witnessed the shooting, although there were reports of gunshots in the area.
As for the victim, investigators are trying to figure out who he is. Right now, they're only saying that he's a man who appears to be in his late 30s or early 40s.
"He looks like he's dressed for work; a work-type uniform. Something you'd expect to see at an auto shop, something like that. So he certainly doesn't look like he's somebody off the street. He's dressed like somebody about to go to work this morning," said HPD Homicide Detective Don Egdorf.
"It's crazy. It's kind of scary. Just to see that. It's too close. Kids walking out this morning to go to school seeing that. It's scary," said neighbor Jerrica King/.
She said she moved in just a week ago, and was shocked to see the crime scene tape outside this morning.
Detectives are asking anyone who knows anything about what happened to call Houston police or Crime Stoppers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies 9 min ago
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale