Man who took plea deal in Cleveland gang rape case arrested for drive-by shooting
CLEVELAND, TX (KTRK) -- One of 20 men originally charged in the gang rape of an 11-year-old Cleveland girl is now a suspect in another crime.
Just weeks after striking a plea deal in the rape case, Xavier King, 19, was arrested in a San Jacinto County drive-by shooting. No one was injured, but King now faces deadly conduct charges.
Most of the suspects charged in the repeated sexual assault of that 11-year-old girl have accepted plea deals. The only two to go to trial were both convicted and sentenced to life in prison.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 54 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 51 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 32 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida