Man who took plea deal in Cleveland gang rape case arrested for drive-by shooting
CLEVELAND, TX (KTRK) -- One of 20 men originally charged in the gang rape of an 11-year-old Cleveland girl is now a suspect in another crime.
Just weeks after striking a plea deal in the rape case, Xavier King, 19, was arrested in a San Jacinto County drive-by shooting. No one was injured, but King now faces deadly conduct charges.
Most of the suspects charged in the repeated sexual assault of that 11-year-old girl have accepted plea deals. The only two to go to trial were both convicted and sentenced to life in prison.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 18 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 34 min ago
- Job fair today only for veterans, spouses 33 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 16 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial 14 min ago
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes