Man accused of attacking, slashing his elderly mother during argument
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Assault charges are now filed against a man police say attacked and slashed his elderly mother.
Otis Morris is now in jail. Police say Morris got into a fight with his 79-year-old mom Wednesday at their southeast Houston home. That's when they say he slashed her with a blade. She was cut on her face and chest.
The woman had to go to a hospital.
Morris initially told police he'd been defending himself.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 25 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 2 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash 6 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records