Houston Mayor Annise Parker delivers State of City address
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Mayor Annise Parker says the state of the city is strong, and getting stronger.
In her State of the City address, the mayor said Houston has the nation's hottest economy, and is the job producing capital of America. The mayor also said there's still a lot that needs to be done to improve the city.
Mayor Parker said, "From the roads on which we drive, to the jobs we work, to the neighborhoods in which we live in, to the schools we attend and the parks where our children play -- the best can get better, the best will get better."
Mayor Parker announced two new city programs. "Lift Off Houston" is a business plan competition for entrepreneurs. "Tweet My Job Houston" is a hyper-local app that matches current job postings with qualified candidates.
Read the full text of Mayor Parker's speech
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes 22 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer