Store clerk shoots suspected robber in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Stopped by a store owner -- a robber finds himself face to face with a man who neighbors say was tired of being a victim. A north side business owner fired on a suspect trying to break into his convenience store.
Neighbors say this isn't the first time this store has been burglarized, and this would-be thief is no stranger to the store.
It happened at about 6:30am Friday on Airline near Cavalcade in north Houston. Police tell us they were called to the convenience store for a shooting, and arrived to find out someone had tried to break into the place.
We talked to the store owner's neighbor, who says the owner saw the man underneath the crawlspace of his attached home, trying to get in that way in order to break into the store. That's when the owner shot the man.
The store owner has a surveillance system, and the neighbor believes the owner had come into contact with this burglar before.
"He got broken into like three times. This was the fourth attempt," said neighbor Earle Haskell. "So we heard gunshots and just called 911."
Police are searching for the suspect. HPD brought a canine unit to assist after an apparent blood spatter was spotted just down the street from the store. No description of the suspect is available.
local, elissa rivas
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust 46 min ago
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 4 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course