Anonymous tip leads to arrest of Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitive
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An alleged gang member with ties to the Houston area is no longer on Texas' 10 Most Wanted Fugitive list, thanks to an anonymous tip.
Gus Matthew Soto was arrested Friday after someone gave Crime Stoppers a tip that led authorities to his whereabouts. Soto is charged with aggravated robbery and was believed to be hiding in the Houston area.
He was wanted by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office for his alleged participation in an aggravated robbery that occurred at a residence in Spring, where Soto and an accomplice reportedly assaulted and robbed the victim at gunpoint.
Soto's arrest came just two days after the FBI and other area law enforcement agencies announced a new partnership with Crime Stoppers of Houston, targeting alleged gang members considered to be violent. At the event, Soto was featured at this week's gang fugitive on StopHoustonGangs.org.
Soto also was added to the state's 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list in March. According to DPS, Soto is Texas Syndicate gang member who has a violent criminal past and is wanted for parole violation and aggravated robbery. Soto's criminal history includes robbery, assault causing bodily injury, assault of a public servant, drug possession, violation of protective order and criminal trespass.
Anyone with information about location of a StopHoustonGangs.org-featured gang fugitive is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of gang fugitives and offenders in our jurisdiction. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 57 min ago
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home 2 min ago
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Bicyclist killed in Montrose-area hit-and-run 52 min ago
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck 26 min ago
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- Ohio murder suspect nabbed at Houston buffet restaurant
- Thief steals man's pants and shoots him
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations