Firefighters rescue woman from burning apartment complex in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Arson investigators are looking into what caused an apartment complex to catch fire last night in southwest Houston.
The fire started just after 8:30pm at the Brookhaven Apartments near Fondren and Wanda.
When firefighters arrived, a woman was trapped on a second floor balcony. Crews sent a ladder up to the woman and she climbed down.
Houston Fire Department officials say one apartment on the ground floor was destroyed, and four others sustained heavy smoke and water damage.
In the end, no one was hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 41 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs 42 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
42 min ago