Motorcyclist killed after losing control, falling off bridge in east Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is dead after losing control of his motorcycle overnight on a bridge in east Houston.
Investigators said the motorcyclist was traveling north on Staff Sgt. Macario Garcia Drive at Avenue W when he went out of his lane.
According to officials, it doesn't appear the biker was speeding, but he lost control and hit a concrete barricade, sending him flying off the bridge and falling more than 40 feet.
Officers said the man was wearing a helmet, but it didn't make a difference in this crash. He was killed instantly.
His name has not been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant