Hospital in Channelview relocates patients after it loses power
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- A Channelview hospital was forced to transfer all of its patients after the power goes out during severe weather.
It happened at Kindred Hospital East Houston on the East Freeway after Saturday's storm caused the entire hospital to lose power.
We talked to hospital officials, who said patients were sent to two other facilities -- Kindred Hospital Baytown and Kindred Clear Lake.
The power first went out at the Kindred Hospital East Houston location around 1:30am, and the back-up generator reportedly failed. Eyewitness News was there when firefighters arrived. Ambulances from as far away as Montgomery County came to the facility to begin transporting patients.
The hospital says power was restored and testing shows the generator system to be working properly. Patients are expected to be returned to the hospital by Monday afternoon.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 33 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 30 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant