Hospital in Channelview relocates patients after it loses power
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- A Channelview hospital was forced to transfer all of its patients after the power goes out during severe weather.
It happened at Kindred Hospital East Houston on the East Freeway after Saturday's storm caused the entire hospital to lose power.
We talked to hospital officials, who said patients were sent to two other facilities -- Kindred Hospital Baytown and Kindred Clear Lake.
The power first went out at the Kindred Hospital East Houston location around 1:30am, and the back-up generator reportedly failed. Eyewitness News was there when firefighters arrived. Ambulances from as far away as Montgomery County came to the facility to begin transporting patients.
The hospital says power was restored and testing shows the generator system to be working properly. Patients are expected to be returned to the hospital by Monday afternoon.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization 47 min ago
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season 48 min ago
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Family's pet donkey shot 18 times, killed 36 min ago
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Convict who escaped TX prison returns from Mexico
- Child dies in rollover wreck along Gulf Freeway
- Car becomes lodged under box truck in SW Houston wreck
- Court filing: Tugboat in ship channel spill was speeding
- More space, shops coming to The Galleria