Procession held for Pasadena officer killed in Kerrville crash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A procession of dozens of police squad cars escorted the body of 49-year-old Officer Larry Candelari back home Saturday night.
Officer Candelari's body was delivered to the Rosewood Funeral Home in Porter.
He and Officer Mike Huffman were traveling on Interstate 10 in Kerrville early Saturday morning when they stopped to help some fellow drivers on the shoulder. An 18-wheeler swerved to avoid the scene but ended up running into the group. Pasadena police say Candelari was killed. Huffman, who is in a hospital in San Antonio, lost a leg.
Canderlari was a seasoned veteran of the department who worked at the police academy.
A fund has been set up for those wanting to make donations to the officers' families. Donations can be made at Amegy Bank to Mike Huffman or Larry Candelari or by mail to: Benefit Fund, P.O. Box 766, Pasadena TX 77501. You can also donate to the Pasadena Citizen's Police Academy Assist the Officer Fund: Wells Fargo Account #48235.
Blood Donations can be made at Gulf Coast Blood Center in the name of Mike Huffman.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 1 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged 16 min ago
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
43 min ago