Procession held for Pasadena officer killed in Kerrville crash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A procession of dozens of police squad cars escorted the body of 49-year-old Officer Larry Candelari back home Saturday night.
Officer Candelari's body was delivered to the Rosewood Funeral Home in Porter.
He and Officer Mike Huffman were traveling on Interstate 10 in Kerrville early Saturday morning when they stopped to help some fellow drivers on the shoulder. An 18-wheeler swerved to avoid the scene but ended up running into the group. Pasadena police say Candelari was killed. Huffman, who is in a hospital in San Antonio, lost a leg.
Canderlari was a seasoned veteran of the department who worked at the police academy.
A fund has been set up for those wanting to make donations to the officers' families. Donations can be made at Amegy Bank to Mike Huffman or Larry Candelari or by mail to: Benefit Fund, P.O. Box 766, Pasadena TX 77501. You can also donate to the Pasadena Citizen's Police Academy Assist the Officer Fund: Wells Fargo Account #48235.
Blood Donations can be made at Gulf Coast Blood Center in the name of Mike Huffman.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 25 min ago
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 2 min ago
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 23 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students