Procession held for Pasadena officer killed in Kerrville crash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A procession of dozens of police squad cars escorted the body of 49-year-old Officer Larry Candelari back home Saturday night.
Officer Candelari's body was delivered to the Rosewood Funeral Home in Porter.
He and Officer Mike Huffman were traveling on Interstate 10 in Kerrville early Saturday morning when they stopped to help some fellow drivers on the shoulder. An 18-wheeler swerved to avoid the scene but ended up running into the group. Pasadena police say Candelari was killed. Huffman, who is in a hospital in San Antonio, lost a leg.
Canderlari was a seasoned veteran of the department who worked at the police academy.
A fund has been set up for those wanting to make donations to the officers' families. Donations can be made at Amegy Bank to Mike Huffman or Larry Candelari or by mail to: Benefit Fund, P.O. Box 766, Pasadena TX 77501. You can also donate to the Pasadena Citizen's Police Academy Assist the Officer Fund: Wells Fargo Account #48235.
Blood Donations can be made at Gulf Coast Blood Center in the name of Mike Huffman.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle