Soccer game turns deadly in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A drive-by shooting in southwest Houston last night left one person dead.
This all started out as a group of people playing soccer behind some apartments on Bissonnet and Beechnut.
Investigators say a dark blue sedan pulled up and someone inside started shooting at the men who were playing soccer. One man was shot in the head and died.
The gunman in the car got away. Investigators don't know the group was targeted.
"Witnesses are reporting seeing a dark-colored vehicle come through here, slow down and discharge into a crowd. Some of the people were playing soccer," said Sgt. Robert Torres with the Houston Police Department.
They are not even sure the victim was the intended target because of the distance between him and the shooter.
There are surveillance cameras at the apartment complex and detectives are checking the video to see if they can identify the killer.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 2 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 7 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first