Soccer game turns deadly in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A drive-by shooting in southwest Houston last night left one person dead.
This all started out as a group of people playing soccer behind some apartments on Bissonnet and Beechnut.
Investigators say a dark blue sedan pulled up and someone inside started shooting at the men who were playing soccer. One man was shot in the head and died.
The gunman in the car got away. Investigators don't know the group was targeted.
"Witnesses are reporting seeing a dark-colored vehicle come through here, slow down and discharge into a crowd. Some of the people were playing soccer," said Sgt. Robert Torres with the Houston Police Department.
They are not even sure the victim was the intended target because of the distance between him and the shooter.
There are surveillance cameras at the apartment complex and detectives are checking the video to see if they can identify the killer.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 16 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in 18 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 51 min ago
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video 16 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Travis Herzog's chilly forecast
42 min ago