Authorities seek hit-and-run driver in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman has died after she was hit by a van in northwest Houston and the driver of that vehicle took off.
It happened along Stuebner Airline near FM 2920. According to authorities, the victim and a man were walking from the man's parents' house to the woman's parents' home around 2am. The man was walking closest to the road when suddenly, the driver of a white van veered off the road. The driver missed the man, but hit the woman.
"The van initially stopped, backed up as if it was going to turn around and its back tires fell off the side of the roadway," said Sgt. S. Wolverton with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "The male got out of the van and went over to check on the female. He didn't say anything and went back in his van and then fled the scene."
The woman, who is in her 20s, was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition where she later died. The man walking was not injured.
Police are still looking for the driver of the white van and are asking anyone with any information to call authorities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, sonia azad
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston 18 min ago
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Cold, damp weather to continue 15 min ago
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 55 min ago
- Ice to linger over much of Texas
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats