Authorities seek hit-and-run driver in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman has died after she was hit by a van in northwest Houston and the driver of that vehicle took off.
It happened along Stuebner Airline near FM 2920. According to authorities, the victim and a man were walking from the man's parents' house to the woman's parents' home around 2am. The man was walking closest to the road when suddenly, the driver of a white van veered off the road. The driver missed the man, but hit the woman.
"The van initially stopped, backed up as if it was going to turn around and its back tires fell off the side of the roadway," said Sgt. S. Wolverton with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "The male got out of the van and went over to check on the female. He didn't say anything and went back in his van and then fled the scene."
The woman, who is in her 20s, was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition where she later died. The man walking was not injured.
Police are still looking for the driver of the white van and are asking anyone with any information to call authorities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, sonia azad
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 18 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course