METRO rider injured after car crashes into back of bus in north Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A METRO rider was injured after a car struck the back of a bus in north Harris County Tuesday night.
The accident happened off FM 1960 at Sugar Pine. It appears a car struck a METRO bus from behind and became pinned under the bus.
"Suddenly we just heard a huge bump on the bus but we had no idea what was going on until the bus driver came out and told everybody to get out of the bus," one of the riders said.
A woman riding the bus was injured and transported to a hospital. The bus was carrying two other passengers, but neither they nor the bus driver, were injured.
The driver of the car told Eyewitness News he was switching lanes and didn't see the bus come to a stop. He was not injured and was the only one inside the car. He'll likely be cited for the accident.
Traffic in the area was backed up for a while as crews worked to clear the scene.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 37 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man 58 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school 28 min ago
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police