Humble WalMart robbed by utility worker imposter
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- A WalMart employee in Humble faced some terrible moments after falling victim to a utility worker imposter.
Investigators say around 7am Sunday a man claiming to be with the WalMart corporate office told employees he needed to check the electricity and phones after Saturday's storm. Once in the administrative offices he forced a female employee to open the safe then duct-taped her hands, feet, and mouth.
The suspect took off with thousands of dollars in cash. The employee was not injured.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston