Fitness trainer shares tips to get you in shape for summer
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Ask most women how they feel about getting in a bikini and the answer is not good. But one Houston fitness trainer says you can transform your body with a little time, and a lot of determination.
Want a great bikini body by summer? Houston trainer and fitness competitor Dewayne Malone says it can be done.
Callie Bowling tried everything from Atkins to juice diets to exercising for over an hour a day.
"My weight was going up even though I was working out a lot," Bowling said.
But Bowling says just two weeks into the 12-week program, she's starting to notice the changes.
"I have never lost weight quicker in my life," Bowling said. "I'm eating full meals at night and I'm not going to bed hungry."
Malone boils it down to simple science. Eat the right foods seven times a day to keep your body constantly burning fat. And add at least three 30-minute high-intensity workouts a week.
In addition to six hours of cardio a week, Bowling does four weight training sessions a week with Malone.
Bowling's trouble spots are her abs and her backside, but four weeks into it...
"I honestly can tell you I feel amazing," she said. "I did not think I was going to lose fat as quick as I did."
Bowling says it's not easy, but it is possible. She had to trade-in Mexican food and margaritas for asparagus and fish. But now when she slips into that bikini, she'll know...
"This is the best shape I've been in in my life, that's for sure. Mission accomplished!" she said.
Check out some of the best food combinations to eat. Below are the best exercises for getting swimsuit ready in weeks:
Full body workout
- Walking lunges -- 20 steps per leg
- Burpes -- 25
- Pull ups -- 15
- Dips -- 20
- Planks -- 60 seconds
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, sonia azad
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer