Royal Caribbean to sail from Galveston year-round
GALVESTON, TX -- Royal Caribbean International says it'll begin sailing seven-day western Caribbean cruises out of Galveston year-round.
The Miami-based cruise line says it'll base the 3,114-passenger Voyager-class Navigator of the Seas at Galveston in November, replacing its Mariner of the Seas. The Navigator will head for dry dock in January for a monthlong revitalization, then return to service in Galveston in February.
Among the features to be added during the revitalization are a surf simulator, new restaurants and "virtual balconies" in some interior staterooms.
The Mariner has been sailing from Galveston after it was relocated from Los Angeles in January. Carnival Cruise Lines, Disney Cruise Line and Princess Cruises also sail from Galveston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Law enforcement training program suspended 11 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- HPD looking for suspect in sexual assault near Montrose 12 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 37 min ago
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression 12 min ago
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday... 28 min ago
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond