Houston blogger who called Oklahoma City cheerleader 'too chunky' fired
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update on the Houston blogger who called an NBA cheerleader "too chunky" to cheer. She's been told hit the road by CBS.
The former CBS sports blogger known as Claire Crawford came under scrutiny after she targeted Oklahoma City Thunder cheerleader Kelsey Williams. Crawford posted a blog criticizing Williams' physique and a subsequent poll questioning readers if they also thought she was too chunky to cheer.
The Houston Chronicle has reported that Crawford was a pseudonym for Anna-Megan Raley, a former employee of the paper.
ABC News tried to contact that woman to comment, but she did not return our calls.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder 1 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat 43 min ago
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room