Sex offender sentenced to prison for photographing young girls at Walmart in Cleveland
CLEVELAND (KTRK) -- A registered sex offender has been sentenced to nearly 20 years behind bars after he was caught taking photographs of young girls at a Walmart in Cleveland.
Joseph Allen Aills, 30, received an 18-year prison sentence after agreeing to a plea deal with the Liberty County District Attorney's Office.
Aills was arrested March 11 after Cleveland police received a complaint that someone had been taking pictures of girls at a Walmart. When officers reviewed security camera video and interviewed witnesses, they identified Aills as the suspect.
Aills, a registered sex offender, has also been convicted twice of failing to follow the sex offender registration requirements.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Ford unveils all-new Mustang
- Video: Beer is for more than just drinking!
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others