Cinco de Mayo parade winds through downtown Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Cinco de Mayo may be tomorrow, but the celebration is happening all weekend in Houston.
League of Latin American Citizens District 8 held their 21st annual Cinco de Mayo Parade today downtown.
It started at 10am at Texas and Hamilton. More than 100 groups participated in the parade.
Proceeds from the parade go to LULAC to help advance the condition of the economy, housing, and health in Houston and the Hispanic communities.
May 5 is the anniversary of the Mexican victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 18 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well 49 min ago
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 33 min ago
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms 35 min ago
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better 25 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20