Cinco de Mayo parade winds through downtown Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Cinco de Mayo may be tomorrow, but the celebration is happening all weekend in Houston.
League of Latin American Citizens District 8 held their 21st annual Cinco de Mayo Parade today downtown.
It started at 10am at Texas and Hamilton. More than 100 groups participated in the parade.
Proceeds from the parade go to LULAC to help advance the condition of the economy, housing, and health in Houston and the Hispanic communities.
May 5 is the anniversary of the Mexican victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 30 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 10 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 40 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse