SWAT standoff ends with man in custody in Tomball
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- A SWAT standoff in Tomball came to a peaceful end overnight.
It started when a man barricaded himself inside a unit at the Dartford Square Apartments on South Cherry near FM 2920 around 11pm and threatened to kill himself. The man's girlfriend called police.
When officers arrived, the man refused to come out and warned them he was armed. That's when officers called in the SWAT team.
The man's daughter managed to safely get out of the apartment. During the negotiations, the man let his dog out, too.
"During one of our conversations he said he was going to release his dog," said Chief Robert Hauck with the Tomball Police Department. "He did release his dog to us. His dog is safe."
Tomball PD says the man turned himself to police sometime before 2:30am.
No one was hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 3 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects