Motorcyclist hit by wrong-way driver on Southwest Freeway HOV lane
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A wrong-way driver struck a motorcyclist on the HOV lane of the Southwest Freeway during rush hour this morning.
The accident happened after 8:30am along the59 at Hillcroft.
According to METRO officials, an elderly driver entered the HOV lane the wrong way. That vehicle struck an oncoming motorcyclist travelling the right direction. The motorcyclist then struck a third vehicle.
The motorcyclist was injured and transported to Ben Taub Hospital. The extent of the injuries is not known at this time. There is no word of any other injuries.
The accident was cleared but authorities still have the HOV lane blocked.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 32 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 54 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Rescuers rush to reach hundreds in SKorean ferry 39 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas