Karina Smirnoff shares secrets on how to get fit fast
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Former Houston Texan Jacoby Jones' "Dancing with the Stars" partner, Karina Smirnoff, has one of the hottest bodies in Hollywood, and she is sharing her get-fit-fast secrets.
She's a fan favorite on DWTS, but Karina will be the first to tell you that sometimes even she has "fat days."
"There's always a body part you want slimmer, taller, skinnier," she said. "There's always something you want to change."
We had to ask how she gets skimpy-dress-ready. It's no surprise that working out is key, but Karina sees a lot of women making the same fitness mistake:
"One of the most common mistakes is doing the same thing over and over," she said. "The best workout is when you keep changing your heart rate, that way you burn more calories and get in better shape faster."
Karina says dancing is one of the best workouts you can get, since the steps are always changing. But if you only have a few days, there are some shortcuts.
First, Karina says, sweat out that water weight.
"If you have two days and you need to drop 5-10 pounds, go for the water weight. But keep hydrating yourself throughout," she said.
You can either hit the sauna or go for a jog on a warm day.
Second, beat the bloat by skipping salt and soft drinks. And her quick-fix diet:
"First, have a little bit of spinach in the morning. It'll fill you up and it's a great source of fiber," Karina said. "Then throughout the day, you can munch on little pieces of pineapple and watermelon. It gives you the energy because it has a lot of fructose, it breaks up the fat, and it's diuretic, so you're going to release all the water back out."
And don't underestimate the power of a good tan -- fake, of course.
"I love spray tan, as long as it's not orange," she said. "We've tried lots of products on the show and now we have an amazing product that I love."
Karina's DWTS tanning secret? South Seas skincare.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, ilona carson
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 21 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus 13 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos