Karina Smirnoff shares secrets on how to get fit fast
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Former Houston Texan Jacoby Jones' "Dancing with the Stars" partner, Karina Smirnoff, has one of the hottest bodies in Hollywood, and she is sharing her get-fit-fast secrets.
She's a fan favorite on DWTS, but Karina will be the first to tell you that sometimes even she has "fat days."
"There's always a body part you want slimmer, taller, skinnier," she said. "There's always something you want to change."
We had to ask how she gets skimpy-dress-ready. It's no surprise that working out is key, but Karina sees a lot of women making the same fitness mistake:
"One of the most common mistakes is doing the same thing over and over," she said. "The best workout is when you keep changing your heart rate, that way you burn more calories and get in better shape faster."
Karina says dancing is one of the best workouts you can get, since the steps are always changing. But if you only have a few days, there are some shortcuts.
First, Karina says, sweat out that water weight.
"If you have two days and you need to drop 5-10 pounds, go for the water weight. But keep hydrating yourself throughout," she said.
You can either hit the sauna or go for a jog on a warm day.
Second, beat the bloat by skipping salt and soft drinks. And her quick-fix diet:
"First, have a little bit of spinach in the morning. It'll fill you up and it's a great source of fiber," Karina said. "Then throughout the day, you can munch on little pieces of pineapple and watermelon. It gives you the energy because it has a lot of fructose, it breaks up the fat, and it's diuretic, so you're going to release all the water back out."
And don't underestimate the power of a good tan -- fake, of course.
"I love spray tan, as long as it's not orange," she said. "We've tried lots of products on the show and now we have an amazing product that I love."
Karina's DWTS tanning secret? South Seas skincare.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, ilona carson
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company 44 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?
- David Tillman's weather forecast
49 min ago