HISD holds job fair for North Forest ISD employees
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Independent School District is reaching out to North Forest school employees who are interested in applying for positions with HISD.
Texas Education Commissioner Michael Williams has ordered HISD to annex North Forest ISD effective July 1.
The first outreach event is a job information session exclusively for North Forest ISD employees. The session will be conducted on Friday, May 10 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Delmar-Tusa Athletics Center, 2020 Mangum.
"We encourage all North Forest employees interested in joining Team HISD to come and take advantage of this opportunity" said Patra Brannon, HISD's general manager of talent acquisition.
Representatives from Human Resources will be on hand to provide North Forest employees facts about employment at HISD and pertinent information on the application and certification process. Representatives from Benefits and the School Offices will also be available to answer questions.
North Forest employees are eligible to apply for positions for which they are qualified and are encouraged to apply early in order to be considered for current openings.
To register for Friday's information session, please visit www.HoustonISD.org/HumanResources. The deadline to register is May 9.
Job Fair for North Forest ISD Employees
HISD will be sponsoring a job fair for specific non-instructional North Forest personnel on Saturday May 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the HISD Food Services Administration located at 6801 Bennington. The job fair is an opportunity for current non-instructional North Forest employees to interview with representatives from the HISD Construction, Facilities Services and Maintenance, Food Service Department, Police Department, Transportation and Warehouses. Registration for this job fair is not required.
Career Information for North Forest Teacher Candidates
The deadlines to apply for HISD teacher positions are May 22 and June 10. North Forest teacher candidates are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible to be considered for future, invitation only, employment events in May and June. Only those candidates who have successfully passed HISD's teacher screening process will be invited to attend these events.
To learn more about available positions at HISD, please visit www.Houstonisd.org/careers.
For inquires, contact talent acquisition at 713-556-7373 or TalentAcquisition@houstonisd.org.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
houston isd, north forest isd, local
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 49 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- HCSO: Father shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 2 min ago
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone 16 min ago
- Pap smears could be thing of the past 23 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 22 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Travis Herzog's Thursday weather forecast
46 min ago