Surveillance video released in SE Houston murder case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police have released surveillance video in hopes someone can help them solve a murder that happened in southeast Houston this past weekend.
It happened early Saturday morning at the Cabo San Lucas apartment complex in the 10900 block of the Gulf Freeway. According to police, a man kicked in the front door of a unit there and demanded money from the victim, 25-year-old Evans Butler.
When Butler didn't comply, he was shot, say police. The suspect, who is only described as a black male, fled the scene in an unknown direction.
Surveillance video at the complex shows a dark-colored Dodge Charger and an unknown white four-door vehicle pull into the apartment complex parking lot. They go out of camera range, but shortly after a tall black male could be seen coming from the area of the victim's apartment, skipping towards the vehicles.
A second person was seen on the video, but it wasn't' clear enough to get a description.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide 3 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Six UH students reportedly robbed at gunpoint in dorm 12 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 30 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
3 min ago