Surveillance video released in SE Houston murder case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police have released surveillance video in hopes someone can help them solve a murder that happened in southeast Houston this past weekend.
It happened early Saturday morning at the Cabo San Lucas apartment complex in the 10900 block of the Gulf Freeway. According to police, a man kicked in the front door of a unit there and demanded money from the victim, 25-year-old Evans Butler.
When Butler didn't comply, he was shot, say police. The suspect, who is only described as a black male, fled the scene in an unknown direction.
Surveillance video at the complex shows a dark-colored Dodge Charger and an unknown white four-door vehicle pull into the apartment complex parking lot. They go out of camera range, but shortly after a tall black male could be seen coming from the area of the victim's apartment, skipping towards the vehicles.
A second person was seen on the video, but it wasn't' clear enough to get a description.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 2 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 30 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290