Two firefighters injured while battling fire near downtown Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A wall collapsed on one firefighter and another suffered an electrical shock while battling flames near downtown Houston last night.
The fire broke out around 9pm in the 2300 block of Wheeler.
Authorities say the fire reached two alarms before firefighters brought it under control.
There were several people inside when the fire started. They made it out safely, but one person had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Two firefighters were injured battling the blaze. One firefighter was bruised by a wall that had collapsed. He was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital but we're told he should be OK. The other suffered an electric shock. We're told he's also expected to be OK.
Arson is investigating the cause of the fire. Neighbors say the building is a group home.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston 55 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 1 min ago
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side 23 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker 12 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing 1 min ago
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands