Overturned big rig on I-10 westbound at I-45 SB causes traffic mess during rush hour
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An 18-wheeler driver took the I-10 WB ramp to I-45 SB too fast and it caused a traffic mess during rush hour.
The accident happened around 1:30am. Police say the big rig driver was heading westbound on the East Freeway approaching the I-45 southbound entrance ramp. They say the driver was going too fast and the truck's load shifted, causing the driver to lose control and overturn his truck.
The driver wasn't hurt and there were no other cars involved.
The driver was ticketed for speeding and driving without a driver's license.
At least two lanes were blocked. It took crews until 7:30am to clear the accident.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 31 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 31 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
59 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos