Former TV news producer found dead
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- After a woman was found dead in her apartment in west Houston, police are working to determine what happened to her in her final moments. Her death has stunned her neighbors at the apartment complex on Lazy Hollow near Westheimer.
The Houston Police Department identified the victim as Kathryn Greer Feagin, 35. They tell us she was last seen Sunday. They've so far made no arrests in her murder.
Feagin's friends say she moved to Houston after Hurricane Katrina, looking for a new life and an opportunity to start over.
Kathryn Greer Feagin's Facebook page still shows a picture of her smiling. It's the way family and friends no doubt would like to remember her.
Heather Garrigus who worked with Feagin at Sculpt Fitness recalled, "She had a real bubbly personality, just always happy."
Police say Feagin's grandmother found her body inside her ransacked apartment Wednesday morning. She'd gone to check on the 35-year-old after not hearing from her for several days. Investigators tell us the last time anyone saw or heard from Feagin was Sunday. They also say there was no evidence of forced entry at the apartment and that her body showed obvious signs of blunt force trauma.
"We hadn't talked in a long time," said Feagin's ex-husband Brett Boyce.
The couple divorced in 2011. Boyce says he hasn't seen Feagin in at least a year and half and that he is struggling still to make sense of the news.
"I literally just found this out," he said.
Feagin worked for a time as a morning news producer at another TV station in Houston. After that she taught some classes at Sculpt Fitness. There, those who knew her found it difficult to comprehend. "Shocked -- I mean, I just can't believe it," Garrigus said. "I can't believe that."
Police have so far made no arrests in this murder. They want to talk to anyone who has seen Feagin recently.
local, kevin quinn
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 57 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 59 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 48 min ago
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days 19 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal