Police: Teen admits to fatally stabbing man
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- Dickinson police say a teenager has admitted to fatally stabbing a man outside an apartment complex.
Shortly before midnight Wednesday Dickinson police discovered a man lying in the courtyard of an apartment complex in the 3500 block of Baker Drive with a stab wound to the chest. The victim was transported to Mainland Center Hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead.
Detectives say an individual, Jarron Alexander Nealy, came forward and admitted stabbing the victim. The investigation is ongoing, but at this time the Galveston County DA's Office has authorized a murder charge.
Nealy, 19, is in the Dickinson City Jail on the murder charge with a bond of $100,000.
The victim has been identified as 30-year-old Jason Thomas Whetstein.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California