Police: Teen admits to fatally stabbing man
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- Dickinson police say a teenager has admitted to fatally stabbing a man outside an apartment complex.
Shortly before midnight Wednesday Dickinson police discovered a man lying in the courtyard of an apartment complex in the 3500 block of Baker Drive with a stab wound to the chest. The victim was transported to Mainland Center Hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead.
Detectives say an individual, Jarron Alexander Nealy, came forward and admitted stabbing the victim. The investigation is ongoing, but at this time the Galveston County DA's Office has authorized a murder charge.
Nealy, 19, is in the Dickinson City Jail on the murder charge with a bond of $100,000.
The victim has been identified as 30-year-old Jason Thomas Whetstein.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 48 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 25 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 16 min ago
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
44 min ago