Houston Art Car Parade start time changed to 3pm due to weather threat
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Art Car Parade rearranged their schedules due to the threat of severe weather, but the party is set to kick off this afternoon.
The start time for the 26th annual Houston Art Car Parade has been pushed back to 3pm due to forecasts of heavy rain in the morning hours. The parade route will now open to the public at 1pm.
Friday evening's Art Car Ball, considered the kickoff event for the weekend's festivities, was cancelled. Individuals who purchased tickets in advance may either consider them a donation to the Orange Show Center for Visionary Art -- a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit -- or request a refund. Individuals who prefer a refund should email email@example.com.
For the parade route and more information, visit TheHoustonArtCarParade.com
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues