Three cops from Houston get top honor for bravery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Three law enforcement officers from Houston were honored at a White House ceremony for the nation's best police officers.
President Barack Obama honored 43 recipients of the Top Cops Award from the National Association of Police Organization.
Retired HPD Officer Gary Blankinship and current officers Nicole Blankinship-Reeves and Michael Lereau were recognized for stopping a gunman while they were off duty at a restaurant in Pasadena.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive