Man pushing disabled car killed in wreck on Gulf Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was killed while trying to push his broken down vehicle on the Gulf Freeway this morning.
It happened around 3am on the freeway near FM 2351. Police say the man and a passenger were pushing the vehicle in a construction zone, when another driver who apparently couldn't see the pair didn't stop before it was too late.
The driver of the stranded vehicle was hit and died at the scene. His passenger was not hurt.
The other driver did stop and waited for authorities to arrive.
All southbound lanes were shut down for several hours due to the investigation. All lanes have since reopened.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 6 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery