Woman shot by her ex-boyfriend earlier this month dies from her injuries
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman who was shot by her ex-boyfriend earlier this month has died from her injuries.
On the afternoon of May 4, Jeanette Ochoa, 26, was shot in the head by her ex, Joshua David World, and transported to Ben Taub General Hospital in critical condition. Houston police say Ochoa was approached by World as she was moving into her new residence in the 300 block of Hagerman in east Houston. They say World then pointed a gun at her and shot her. He fled the scene.
Investigators identified World as the suspect and located him in League City. As officers attempted to take World into custody, he fled in his vehicle.
League City and Friendswood police officers then initiated a pursuit. World fired shots several times at officers during the pursuit, but did not strike anyone and managed to escape.
Then on May 7, further investigation led officers to a vacant residence in the 2600 block of Heritage Colony Drive in Webster, where World was reportedly seen. As officers surrounded the residence, police say World retreated to a back bedroom and a single gunshot was heard. Officers say they entered the residence and found World had suffered a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
At the time, World was wanted and charged with one count of aggravated assault and one count of aggravated assault against a public servant.
Ochoa was pronounced dead on May 11 from wounds suffered in the shooting.
league city, local
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 19 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 36 min ago
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack 52 min ago
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid 48 min ago
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube 46 min ago
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos