Woman shot by her ex-boyfriend earlier this month dies from her injuries
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman who was shot by her ex-boyfriend earlier this month has died from her injuries.
On the afternoon of May 4, Jeanette Ochoa, 26, was shot in the head by her ex, Joshua David World, and transported to Ben Taub General Hospital in critical condition. Houston police say Ochoa was approached by World as she was moving into her new residence in the 300 block of Hagerman in east Houston. They say World then pointed a gun at her and shot her. He fled the scene.
Investigators identified World as the suspect and located him in League City. As officers attempted to take World into custody, he fled in his vehicle.
League City and Friendswood police officers then initiated a pursuit. World fired shots several times at officers during the pursuit, but did not strike anyone and managed to escape.
Then on May 7, further investigation led officers to a vacant residence in the 2600 block of Heritage Colony Drive in Webster, where World was reportedly seen. As officers surrounded the residence, police say World retreated to a back bedroom and a single gunshot was heard. Officers say they entered the residence and found World had suffered a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
At the time, World was wanted and charged with one count of aggravated assault and one count of aggravated assault against a public servant.
Ochoa was pronounced dead on May 11 from wounds suffered in the shooting.
league city, local
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 1 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today