Woman, young boy shot to death in Alief, boy's father shot and in critical condition
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A teenager arrived home yesterday to find his family shot and dying. Now, police are trying to figure out who did it.
Police were still at the scene on 6600 block of Westwick near Bellaire Boulevard early this morning where three people were violently shot at close range. Two of them were killed. The youngest victim was a 10-year-old boy.
"It's just a terrible, terrible crime, and these probably were targeted by people they knew," Houston Police Department Det. Lt. John Zitzman said.
Investigators say a 14-year-old boy was returning home from school when he walked and found his 10-year-old brother and his dad's 29-year-old girlfriend dead in the corner of an upstairs bedroom.
Detectives say both of those victims were shot in the head.
And that's not it.
"The father was found passed out with a gunshot to his head in a second-floor living room," Zitzman said. "The 14-year-old boy runs to his uncle's house located about a half mile away and they drove back here."
The father was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Investigators say they don't believe the house was robbed since everything was still in place. They say it's possible the victims let someone in the front door.
Some witnesses reported hearing a gunshot around 3:30pm, followed by two men seen running from the house and getting into a silver sedan.
That has many neighbors worried. Some, like Mrs. Davis, were too paranoid to show their faces on camera.
"It makes me scared," Mrs. Davis told us. "It makes me very nervous."
Investigators say they did find a revolver behind a sofa in the home. Now they're trying to determine whether this is the scene of targeted homicide or a violent murder-suicide.
Neighbors tell us the family has only lived in this house for one month. The female victim was visiting from San Antonio.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, demond fernandez
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
18 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos