Ex-fiancee countersues former Texans star over engagement ring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're hearing a different side of the story in the fight over an $800,000 engagement ring.
We heard the 'he said' and now we're hearing the 'she said in this case of the $785,000 engagement ring. "Ridiculous," "silly," and "patently false" is how Erin Marzouki's attorney describes Mario William's lawsuit.
Last week, Williams filed suit to get the 10 carat ring back from his ex-fiancée, saying she broke off the engagement. In the counterclaim, Erin Marzouki's attorney says Willaims broke off the engagement multiple times.
Marzouki's attorney Anthony Buzbee said, "They were engaged for 10 months. He broke up with her five times. Like I say, he's on an emotional roller coaster. I have thousands of his texts he sent her that I've collected."
Buzbee says in those texts, Williams tells Marzouki he is breaking up with her, and she should keep the ring. Her attorney says she has no plans to sell the ring. It's in a safe deposit box right now.
There's a hearing in civil court scheduled for Friday.
nfl, buffalo bills, houston texans, local, ilona carson
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 13 min ago
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 13 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck 41 min ago
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns