Ex-fiancee countersues former Texans star over engagement ring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're hearing a different side of the story in the fight over an $800,000 engagement ring.
We heard the 'he said' and now we're hearing the 'she said in this case of the $785,000 engagement ring. "Ridiculous," "silly," and "patently false" is how Erin Marzouki's attorney describes Mario William's lawsuit.
Last week, Williams filed suit to get the 10 carat ring back from his ex-fiancée, saying she broke off the engagement. In the counterclaim, Erin Marzouki's attorney says Willaims broke off the engagement multiple times.
Marzouki's attorney Anthony Buzbee said, "They were engaged for 10 months. He broke up with her five times. Like I say, he's on an emotional roller coaster. I have thousands of his texts he sent her that I've collected."
Buzbee says in those texts, Williams tells Marzouki he is breaking up with her, and she should keep the ring. Her attorney says she has no plans to sell the ring. It's in a safe deposit box right now.
There's a hearing in civil court scheduled for Friday.
nfl, buffalo bills, houston texans, local, ilona carson
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 42 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends! 46 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared