Ex-fiancee countersues former Texans star over engagement ring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're hearing a different side of the story in the fight over an $800,000 engagement ring.
We heard the 'he said' and now we're hearing the 'she said in this case of the $785,000 engagement ring. "Ridiculous," "silly," and "patently false" is how Erin Marzouki's attorney describes Mario William's lawsuit.
Last week, Williams filed suit to get the 10 carat ring back from his ex-fiancée, saying she broke off the engagement. In the counterclaim, Erin Marzouki's attorney says Willaims broke off the engagement multiple times.
Marzouki's attorney Anthony Buzbee said, "They were engaged for 10 months. He broke up with her five times. Like I say, he's on an emotional roller coaster. I have thousands of his texts he sent her that I've collected."
Buzbee says in those texts, Williams tells Marzouki he is breaking up with her, and she should keep the ring. Her attorney says she has no plans to sell the ring. It's in a safe deposit box right now.
There's a hearing in civil court scheduled for Friday.
nfl, buffalo bills, houston texans, local, ilona carson
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 43 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 9 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 11 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter 10 min ago
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug