Man shot after answering door of home in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is dead after a shooting in southwest Houston. Officers are piecing together what happened, but they don't have much to go on.
The victim was found in the early afternoon at a home in the 12000 block of Newbrook Street near Cook Road. Investigators say the man had apparently answered the door to the home, then someone shot him in the head.
Neighbors called police when they found the victim. He was dead when police arrived.
"At this time we don't have any really good leads," said HPD Homicide investigator Carlos Cardenas. "We've been canvassing the area, but we have nothing good at this time."
Police say the victim is an Asian male, but they haven't released his name.
Anyone with information on this incident can call Crime Stoppers.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive