Detectives: Teen, 16, shot, killed in car after gun accidentally goes off
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 16-year-old is dead after a gun accidentally went off inside a car in west Harris County Tuesday evening, say investigators.
It happened Tuesday at around 6:30pm. As many as five teens were in a silver sedan at the time the gun was discharged.
Authorities say after the shot was fired, the group drove the injured teen, who's been identified as 16-year-old Gregory Reese, to Texas Children's Hospital in Katy, but it was too late.
Detectives say so far, it appears that the gun accidentally fired as it was in the hands of one of the teens sitting in the back seat. Reese was in the front seat.
When investigators arrived at the hospital, they separated the teens and called their parents to come get them.
At this point, it's not clear if any charges will be filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home