Detectives: Teen, 16, shot, killed in car after gun accidentally goes off
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 16-year-old is dead after a gun accidentally went off inside a car in west Harris County Tuesday evening, say investigators.
It happened Tuesday at around 6:30pm. As many as five teens were in a silver sedan at the time the gun was discharged.
Authorities say after the shot was fired, the group drove the injured teen, who's been identified as 16-year-old Gregory Reese, to Texas Children's Hospital in Katy, but it was too late.
Detectives say so far, it appears that the gun accidentally fired as it was in the hands of one of the teens sitting in the back seat. Reese was in the front seat.
When investigators arrived at the hospital, they separated the teens and called their parents to come get them.
At this point, it's not clear if any charges will be filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer