HPD, military to welcome Wounded Warriors to Houston
HOUSTON -- Houston police and members of the military turned out in force at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport to welcome 300 wounded warriors arriving for a "Warrior Weekend."
A Houston police statement says the men and women in uniform will be joined by members of the United Service Organization and Patriot Guard Riders for the welcome.
The "Warrior Weekend," sponsored by the Wounded Warrior Organization, will treat the combat veterans with life-altering injuries to a fishing trip this weekend at Port O'Connor.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer