HPD, military to welcome Wounded Warriors to Houston
HOUSTON -- Houston police and members of the military turned out in force at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport to welcome 300 wounded warriors arriving for a "Warrior Weekend."
A Houston police statement says the men and women in uniform will be joined by members of the United Service Organization and Patriot Guard Riders for the welcome.
The "Warrior Weekend," sponsored by the Wounded Warrior Organization, will treat the combat veterans with life-altering injuries to a fishing trip this weekend at Port O'Connor.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security 42 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 39 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20 35 min ago
- Sleeping girl killed after car drives into home 22 min ago
- Police: Man pelted woman at egg decorating party 18 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck