Driver who was shot in the head dies after crashing into SE Houston home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who was shot while behind the wheel, causing him to crash into a home in southeast Houston, has now died.
Police say the victim, Chris Roberts, had driven to an area known for drug transactions. After speaking with a group of men, he started to leave. One of those men pulled a gun and fired into his truck.
Roberts' pickup truck then crashed into the corner of a house on Pease and Napoleon. Police found him inside the truck, shot at least once in the head.
The resident sleeping in the house, was one of the first to come out and see what had happened.
"I was laying down. I heard a shot and then a crash and the truck was in my house," said Michael Jefferson. "I seen the dude in the truck, his head, where he got shot, that's all I know."
Roberts was taken to the hospital in critical condition. He later died.
Police do not have any suspects in the case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 4 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 38 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife 8 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus 13 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 40 min ago