Driver who was shot in the head dies after crashing into SE Houston home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who was shot while behind the wheel, causing him to crash into a home in southeast Houston, has now died.
Police say the victim, Chris Roberts, had driven to an area known for drug transactions. After speaking with a group of men, he started to leave. One of those men pulled a gun and fired into his truck.
Roberts' pickup truck then crashed into the corner of a house on Pease and Napoleon. Police found him inside the truck, shot at least once in the head.
The resident sleeping in the house, was one of the first to come out and see what had happened.
"I was laying down. I heard a shot and then a crash and the truck was in my house," said Michael Jefferson. "I seen the dude in the truck, his head, where he got shot, that's all I know."
Roberts was taken to the hospital in critical condition. He later died.
Police do not have any suspects in the case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course